Monday, January 16, 2006

Take Me HOME!!!

There are times when I am out with a guy, and an hour into the date, I am so ready to go home. Not just because I am drained for being 10x more outgoing than my usual outgoing self, but because the guy is a total loser.

However, the official Shidduch rules state that it is the boy's job, and ONLY the boy's job to decide when to end the date. So, we're in the lounge, and he's yabbering on about which movie he saw last, and trying to describe the plot, and I just wanna get the hell outta there. But no. I can't just stand up, and head toward the door.

I have to sit there. And listen. And make believe to care, "Oh, so that was Mel Gibson who played the..." and manage to change the subject without seeming totally bored by the guy. So 10:00 rolls around. I'm freakin exhausted from the date, and from the pre-date jitters that are quite draining, by the way. I know I am totally saying "no" to this guy. Yet, I wait. FINALLY, the guy stands up. "Oh, just fixing my pants," he explains. Before he can return to his seat, I rise, and say, "Well, that's okay, we can go now," and spend the rest of the night feeling guilty that I was the one who wrongfully "ended" the date.

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

You so Rock.. I totally love your blog..

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Elisheva said...

Welcome! Great stuff.

I know a guy who said that his wife told him that she once told a guy (before she met him) to take her home because he was being a total jerk. he said that he was very proud of her for standing up for her rights not to be treated like that and it didn't bother him that his wife went against "the rules". It made him proud.

Now if I would do it too, I can't say... but we really should take a stand.

Shalom

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger exsemgirl said...

Man, I know exactly what you are describing. But I dunno if I would have the guts to do what you did. I once sat out a good few hours when I already knew in the first that I wouldn't be going out again!
What can you do! Such is life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home